Friday, April 11, 2008

November 6th 2007

This appointment we didn’t have to wait too long to get in. Collette was there but she was a bit quieter than normal. She was talking to another nurse, something about not being able to talk to Husbands, they can handle it…. Transitioning right to Kristy, “How are you, go do your little gift bag”. Kristy totally left me with her very large and noticeable purse so I was totally the cliché husband holding the purse, waiting for the wife.

While she was doing that, Carter and I were looking at magazines. We started looking at a travel magazine Carter was interested in. There was some good stuff in it, especially if you are looking at going south of the border, just check out www.bahiadelaluna.com, www.mexicoboutiquehotels.com/azucar, www.posadacarmina.com and www.lazebra.com.mx, potentially future trips for us. Maybe family trips or maybe a wedding anniversary or two?

Then Collette was complaining about some program and how she didn’t understand it and didn’t want it and how come there was no more “Lotus Notes” where did it go and she liked that program. I happened to forget my all-knowing book this time so I didn’t have time to prep on what to expect at this appointment, but it ended up being fast like all of the appointments have been this pregnancy.

I was also tired because Kristy hasn’t been able to fall asleep when I go to bed at the same time as she does. Normally she wants me to go to bed the same time she does because she feels safer and more secure, but due to the pregnancy it takes her awhile to fall asleep, where as I fall asleep instantly, sometimes while she is talking to me and then she just gets angry with me and she says she lightly nudges me to stop me from snoring but I think she may be abusing me while asleep.

So because of all this she prefers that if I can a stay up a little longer and then come to bed after she has fallen asleep. Easy enough, now I play my Xbox 360 and hook up with my friends online on Xbox Live and I go to bed at around 2:00 AM every night. The only problem is that I have to get up and go to work and Carter also wakes up at 7:00 – 7:30 AM everyday and expects me to get him up because that is the regular routine he has grown accustomed to. And after doing this for a couple of weeks straight, I’m starting to get a little worn out. This pregnancy has caused me to fall right off the wagon, the coffee wagon that is.

Kristy came back and sat with us for a minute or two before Toni came out and called her name. Then we went back to the scale for the “weigh in”. It’s funny because Kristy doesn’t really dread the “weigh in” but she does prepare for it. To illustrate this point, part of the preparation the night before had a time slot dedicated to trying on different outfits and then weighing in on our bathroom scale to see how much each outfit or outfit combination added to the scale. I guess after 17 weeks and 5 days you begin to pay attention to the weight of each individual article of clothing because it gets hard to handle the ever increasing weight gain numbers.

I totally understand; I’m eating more often because Kristy is eating more often, only I don’t have a person growing inside me. Instead I have a life preserver growing around me. She also gets full sooner, probably has something to do with the person growing inside her taking up extra space and squishing her stomach. So I finish a lot of her snacks. I have to break this habit or she’ll have the baby and return to normal, but I’ll be pregnant looking!

We passed on the genetic testing (Quad Screen or Multiple Marker, See my August 19th 2005 Posting if you want to know what we did the first time around.)

Joy asked if we had any questions and we didn’t have any prepared. She said Kristy was still too small for Fundal Height Measurement so maybe next time. Then Joy told us to go with Toni and schedule out our next appointment and our ultrasound.
She also asked if we were going to find out the sex and we said “Heck Yes!” She asked if we had a name and we said we did, but we weren’t sharing that, we have to keep some things a surprise.

No comments: